Twain A5 Journal | Full-featured Refillable Leather Cover for A5 Notebooks
Handmade leather A5 notebook cover. Refillable with tons of features and storage.
Made in the USA with full-grain Ecuadorian latigo leather, the Twain A5 Journal Cover adds protection and luxury to your favorite A5 hardcover notebook.
- Snap closure with pen case outside and cord keeper straps inside.
- Internal pockets add storage for loose notes and business cards.
- Carry strap located on binding with matching clip-on keychain.
- Front cover utility pocket large enough for most phones or other items.
- Made from Ecuadorian latigo leather.
- Uses Moleskine (Classic Large), Rhodia (Webnotebook), and Leuchtturm (1917) refills. Each cover is custom sized based on the brand of refill you choose, and includes one notebook to get you started.
- Made in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: Cover sized for Rhodia notebook refill measures 8.75 x 6 x 1 inches with notebook refill in cover. Cover sized for Moleskine and Leuchtturm measures 8.5 x 6 x 1 inches with notebook refill in cover.
- Weight: 1 lb 2 oz with notebook refill in cover.
- Paper Refills: Our A5 covers are sized to fit their notebooks like a glove. Standard A5 paper size is 8.25 x 5.875 inches, but different manufacturers' notebooks vary in size depending on the number of pages and thickness of the notebook cover. So we've chosen three brands to fit our covers to and made small sizing tweaks to ensure each is a perfect fit. It's possible different brands will fit, but we don't guarantee it.
Materials & Stories
Ecuadorian Latigo Leather
We’re big fans of promoting quality of life for animals throughout the supply chain so we source our leather from a place where virtually all cattle are free-range, grass-fed, and factory farms are nearly impossible to find.
We worked directly with the tannery to craft the perfect leather for our products. They use a hybrid between top-grain and full-grain processing, removing just enough material to improve the look while retaining durability we can guarantee for life. Then they top that off with a hydrophobic treatment so you don't have to worry about a little rain or the occasional spill.
From there the tannery finishes our leather two ways. The browns are a matte finish, designed to show marks and age very easily, quickly developing a classic aged-leather patina. But they can easily be cleaned and conditioned to buff out the wear marks. The idea here is that you can dial in how much age/character you want your piece to show based on how often you condition it - just like folks used to shine their shoes (or maybe you still do!).
The black is a pebbled finish, we've found folks who choose black leather often prefer less of a “rustic character" look, so this one won't show wear as quickly as our browns and has a classic, polished look.
Tex 70 Nylon Stitching
Nylon thread has an excellent strength-to-size ratio, some stretch and flex capability, and high resistance to abrasion. These qualities make it ideal for leather goods with a lifetime guarantee. The thread can move and stretch with the leather while retaining its durability.
Top Notch Hardware
It's all in the details. Hardware is a common failure point, and failure is not really our thing. So we overbuild the hardware and cut no corners. We also keep our hardware inline with our minimalist geometric design approach.
There is only one name in the zipper game if you are serious about quality. YKK. And we're proud to use their products in ours.
In the box
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Each piece is wrapped in recycled kraft paper packaging and includes a story of leather and care instructions. Your journal also includes a your choice of one A5 notebook.
The simplest and most powerful guarantee we could create.
- If we made it, it is guaranteed for life. We will repair or replace anything.
- If you buy it, you'll love it. If you don't, we'll work with you until you do, or you can return it for a full refund.
- No questions asked, no paperwork needed.
- If you lose it, or it gets destroyed outside of reasonable use, we'll sell you a replacement at half price.
- Lots of companies use words like "reasonable use" as a loophole. We don't. Wear and tear is part of reasonable use, and it is covered.
Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
Our products are handcrafted, mostly to order. We make our smaller pieces in small batches of 10-20 items at a time. Because of the custom, handcrafted nature of our products, it usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare your order for shipment.
Estimated shipping times begin when your order is shipped and vary by the carrier and service you choose. First-class and ground services usually take up a to a week to deliver to the United States and international first-class services usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to deliver once we ship your package.
Please note that all carriers are experiencing delivery delays right now. It's important to us that you get your order as quickly as possible, but unfortunately after we drop off your package for shipping the delivery timeline is out of our hands. USPS and FedEx will be your best bet for tracking down information about your package. If you are having trouble getting answers, or if you just want some peace of mind, feel free to shoot us a message with questions or concerns at email@example.com.
This is a QUALITY leather cover. Workmanship is outstanding and the customer service is the best ever! Just as advertised and more!!!
The first products I bought from Allegory were pens because I like unique looking pens. But, the combo of another pen & the notebook was too much to resist. The smell when I first got the book was also great. I dont think Allegory will ever make a bad product..