Click ballpoint pen made with reclaimed woods.
The thin, linear inlays in this solid body click pen connect old growth Indonesian teak salvaged from factories with Midwest farmland red oak.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes ethical working conditions and environmental protection.
- Red oak reclaimed from American farmland.
- Medium barreled click pen.
- Parker style refill offers tons of options for your writing experience.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.
The red oak is one of the largest and most important timber trees in North America. One of the fastest growing of the oaks, it attains a height of up to 80 feet and a diameter of two to three feet. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast. The grain is straight, with a coarse, uneven texture. Because of the large, open nature of the pores, it is said that if a person blows into one end of the wood, air will come out of the other end, provided that the grain runs straight enough. We salvage our red oak from farm auctions throughout Northern Illinois.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: 5.75 inches long.
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Refills: Compatible with Parker style ballpoint refills. Ships with a black refill installed.
In the box
Packaging and what's included:
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Your pen will include a:
- Handcrafted leather pen sleeve.
- Stitched booklet with stories of the wood and pen care instructions.
- Handmade kraft paper penvelope.