The Cap | Rollerball Pen
Magnetic cap rollerball pen made with reclaimed woods.
The inlay design on this beautifully weighted rollerball plays on the symmetry of the hardware and highlights the olivewood trimmed from ancient groves, as well as salvaged Indonesian teak. The magnetic cap posts to both ends of the pen with a satisfying click.
- Olivewood trimmings from ancient groves in Israel that show strikingly contrasting grain.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes working conditions and environmental impact.
- Balanced rollerball with a substantial feel and magnetic cap.
- Standard 110mm euro rollerball refills offer pristine writing experience.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Each piece of this gorgeous wood is completely unique. The beautiful grain of Bethlehem olivewood can be straight, curly, dark, light, swirling... you get the gist.
Throughout Israel there are olive groves that have grown for over 2,000 years. These trees saw Rome rise and eventually fall. They watched much of Biblical history unfold, and they still stand today to bear witness to the trials faced by the region.
These trees are highly protected; those who maintain them gather branch trimmings and deadfall and make them available to tourists and woodworkers.
Salvaged Indonesian Teak
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: 5.5 inches long capped. 4.75 inches uncapped.
- Weight: 1.7 oz.
- Refills: Compatible with all 110 mm Euro rollerball refills. Ships with a Schneider Topball 850 refill in black.
In the box
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Your pen will include a:
- Handcrafted leather pen sleeve.
- Stitched booklet with stories of the wood and pen care instructions.
- Handmade kraft paper penvelope.
The simplest and most powerful guarantee we could create.
- If we made it, it is guaranteed for life. We will repair or replace anything.
- If you buy it, you'll love it. If you don't, we'll work with you until you do, or you can return it for a full refund.
- No questions asked, no paperwork needed.
- If you lose it, or it gets destroyed outside of reasonable use, we'll sell you a replacement at half price.
- Lots of companies use words like "reasonable use" as a loophole. We don't. Wear and tear is part of reasonable use, and it is covered.
Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
Our products are handcrafted, mostly to order. We make our smaller pieces in small batches of 10-20 items at a time. Because of the custom, handcrafted nature of our products, it usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare your order for shipment.
Estimated shipping times begin when your order is shipped and vary by the carrier and service you choose. First-class and ground services usually take up a to a week to deliver to the United States and international first-class services usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to deliver once we ship your package.
Please note that all carriers are experiencing delivery delays right now. It's important to us that you get your order as quickly as possible, but unfortunately after we drop off your package for shipping the delivery timeline is out of our hands. USPS and FedEx will be your best bet for tracking down information about your package. If you are having trouble getting answers, or if you just want some peace of mind, feel free to shoot us a message with questions or concerns at email@example.com.
The quality and feel of these pens (I have five of them!) are unbelievable. Having a pen made with the history of the wood and the remarkable craftsmanship cannot be overstated. I gravitate to The CAP pen due to its heft, weight and bold style in a world of also ran pen styles. I've very happy with the pen and remember you can return the pen for any repairs as I did with another one. Very happy with the repair and quick return.
This is my most unique rollerball pen I have. And I love it to death! The magnetic cap is another fidget toy I get to play with while on hold on the phone! Which is most of my days. The light wood is super cool and takes various types of refills!