Click pen and pencil set made with reclaimed woods.
The thin linear inlays in this solid body click pen and mechanical pencil connect the old growth Indonesian teak salvaged from factories with Midwest farmland red oak. This set comes complete with a beautiful maple display box. All Allegory pens are handcrafted in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes ethical working conditions and environmental impact.
- Red oak reclaimed from American farmland.
- Medium-barreled click pen. Parker-style refill offers tons of options for your writing experience.
- Medium barreled mechanical pencil. Heavy 2mm drafting lead and integrated eraser/sharpener.
- Includes maple display box.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.
The red oak is one of the largest and most important timber trees in North America. One of the fastest growing of the oaks, it attains a height of up to 80 feet and a diameter of two to three feet. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast. The grain is straight, with a coarse, uneven texture. Because of the large, open nature of the pores, it is said that if a person blows into one end of the wood, air will come out of the other end, provided that the grain runs straight enough. We salvage our red oak from farm auctions throughout Northern Illinois.