Magnetic cap rollerball pen made with reclaimed woods.
The inlay design on this beautifully weighted rollerball plays on the symmetry of the hardware and highlights the olivewood trimmed from ancient groves, as well as salvaged Indonesian teak. The magnetic cap posts to both ends of the pen with a satisfying click.
- Olivewood trimmings from ancient groves in Israel that show strikingly contrasting grain.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes working conditions and environmental impact.
- Balanced rollerball with a substantial feel and magnetic cap.
- Standard 110mm euro rollerball refills offer pristine writing experience.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Each piece of this gorgeous wood is completely unique. The beautiful grain of Bethlehem olivewood can be straight, curly, dark, light, swirling... you get the gist.
Throughout Israel there are olive groves that have grown for over 2,000 years. These trees saw Rome rise and eventually fall. They watched much of Biblical history unfold, and they still stand today to bear witness to the trials faced by the region.
These trees are highly protected; those who maintain them gather branch trimmings and deadfall and make them available to tourists and woodworkers.
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.