The Revolución | Limited Edition Pen & Pencil Set
Refined pen and pencil set made with wood stolen during the Cuban Revolution.
We transformed this rare, old-growth Cuban mahogany that was stolen by those fleeing the reach of the incoming Castro regime into a classic pen and pencil set. This numbered, limited edition pen also features a leather carry case and signed certificate of authenticity.
- Cuban Revolution mahogany inlay.
- Slim to medium barrel with excellent balance and classic luxury silhouette.
- Leather carry case.
- Ballpoint features Cross style refills and twist retractable action.
- Mechanical pencil feature German-made twist action by Schmidt and an eraser concealed in the back barrel.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
In 1959 as Castro was taking power in Cuba, people who were connected to the previous Batista government fled the island by any means. Their fear of reprisal pushed them to beg, borrow, or steal any method of transportation they could find. Many people stole or stowed away on cargo ships, presenting a problem for the ports in the US that had to figure out what to do with all the stolen cargo. They certainly didn't want to return it to Castro, so in the end they decided to auction it off. A few boards of rare Cuban mahogany included in these auctions eventually made it into our hands over 50 years later.
Twist Retractable Ballpoint
Twist action ballpoint with Cross style refills provides a refined writing experience and tons of options.
Twist Action Mechanical Pencil
Twist-click action made by leading German manufacturer Schmidt. Integrated eraser and 0.5 mm lead.
Both the ballpoint and mechanical pencil have an integrated pocket clip.
The set includes a leather two-pen case in your color choice, engraved with the limited edition serial number.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: Both pen and pencil are 5.5 inches long.
- Weight: Both pen and pencil are 1 oz.
- Refills: Pen is compatible with all parker style refills and ships with a black refill installed. Pencil uses 5 mm mechanical pencil lead and mini mechanical pencil erasers.
In the box
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Your pen set will include:
- A booklet with stories of the woods and pen care instructions.
- Two-pen case in your choice of leather color.
The simplest and most powerful guarantee we could create.
- If we made it, it is guaranteed for life. We will repair or replace anything.
- If you buy it, you'll love it. If you don't, we'll work with you until you do, or you can return it for a full refund.
- No questions asked, no paperwork needed.
- If you lose it, or it gets destroyed outside of reasonable use, we'll sell you a replacement at half price.
- Lots of companies use words like "reasonable use" as a loophole. We don't. Wear and tear is part of reasonable use, and it is covered.
Shoot us a message at email@example.com and let us know how we can help.
Our products are handcrafted, mostly to order. We make our smaller pieces in small batches of 10-20 items at a time. Because of the custom, handcrafted nature of our products, it usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare your order for shipment.
Estimated shipping times begin when your order is shipped and vary by the carrier and service you choose. First-class and ground services usually take up a to a week to deliver to the United States and international first-class services usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to deliver once we ship your package.
Please note that all carriers are experiencing delivery delays right now. It's important to us that you get your order as quickly as possible, but unfortunately after we drop off your package for shipping the delivery timeline is out of our hands. USPS and FedEx will be your best bet for tracking down information about your package. If you are having trouble getting answers, or if you just want some peace of mind, feel free to shoot us a message with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I just had these pens in my portfolio when I was at an interview. The Hiring manager complimented them and I got to tell the whole story of the revolution. I’m pretty sure that extra little story got me that job… THANKS!