Magnetic capped rollerball and fountain pen set made with reclaimed woods.
The inlay design on this beautifully weighted rollerball and fountain pen set plays on the symmetry of the hardware, highlighting the olivewood trimmed from ancient groves and salvaged Indonesian teak. Each pen features a magnetic cap that posts to both ends with a satisfying click.
- Olivewood trimmings from ancient groves in Israel that show beautiful contrasting grain.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes ethical working conditions and environmental impact.
- Balanced and substantial feeling pens with magnetic caps.
- Rollerball compatible with a standard 110mm euro rollerball refill offers pristine writing experience.
- Fountain pen with German-made nib. Steel core and medium-weight iridium tip for a smooth writing experience with a touch of line variation. Includes disposable ink cartridge and piston filler for your favorite bottled ink.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Each piece of this gorgeous wood is completely unique. The beautiful grain of Bethlehem olivewood can be straight, curly, dark, light, swirling... you get the gist.
Throughout Israel there are olive groves that have grown for over 2,000 years. These trees saw Rome rise and eventually fall. They watched much of Biblical history unfold, and they still stand today to bear witness to the trials faced by the region.
These trees are highly protected; those who maintain them gather branch trimmings and deadfall and make them available to tourists and woodworkers.
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: Rollerball and fountain pen both 5.5 inches long capped and 4.75 inches uncapped.
- Weight: Rollerball and fountain pen both 1.7 oz.
- Refills: Rollerball compatible with all 110 mm Euro rollerball refills. Fountain pen compatible with short international cartridges and standard piston converters. The rollerball ships with a Schneider Topball 850 refill in black and the fountain pen ships with one prefilled cartridge and converter.
In the box
Packaging and what's included:
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Your pen set will include:
- Two handcrafted leather pen sleeves.
- A booklet with stories of the woods and pen care instructions.
- A maple wood display box.