The Click | Mechanical Pencil
Mechanical pencil made with reclaimed woods.
The thin, linear inlays in this solid body mechanical pencil connect the old growth Indonesian teak salvaged from factories with Midwest farmland red oak. The pencil features an integrated eraser and sharpener.
- Teak salvaged from decommissioned buildings in Indonesia, where our vendor operates a social enterprise that prioritizes ethical working conditions and environmental impact.
- Red oak reclaimed from American farmland.
- Medium barreled mechanical pencil.
- Heavy 2mm drafting lead and integrated eraser/sharpener.
- Handmade in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
Salvaged Indonesian Teak
Too many woodlands are diminished as the result of deforestation. One contributing factor is improper systems of recycling. We source our teak from IndoTeak Design, whose prerogative is to salvage the highest quality teak without any damage to the environment. By properly utilizing FSC Recycled 100% teak salvaged from Indonesia, their production operates as a zero-waste process. This means no trees are cut down as a result of their work. Instead, the wood is saved from 100-300-year-old structures that would have otherwise been demolished. They also provide excellent working conditions for their team in Indonesia.
Reclaimed Farmland Red Oak
The red oak is one of the largest and most important timber trees in North America. One of the fastest growing of the oaks, it attains a height of up to 80 feet and a diameter of two to three feet. The heartwood is a light to medium brown, commonly with a reddish cast. The grain is straight, with a coarse, uneven texture. Because of the large, open nature of the pores, it is said that if a person blows into one end of the wood, air will come out of the other end, provided that the grain runs straight enough. We salvage our red oak from farm auctions throughout Northern Illinois.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Size: 5.75 inches long.
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Refills: Compatible with 2 mm drafting lead and mini erasers. Ships with lead and one eraser.
In the box
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Your pen will include a:
- Handcrafted leather pen sleeve.
- Stitched booklet with stories of the wood and pen care instructions.
- Handmade kraft paper penvelope.
The simplest and most powerful guarantee we could create.
- If we made it, it is guaranteed for life. We will repair or replace anything.
- If you buy it, you'll love it. If you don't, we'll work with you until you do, or you can return it for a full refund.
- No questions asked, no paperwork needed.
- If you lose it, or it gets destroyed outside of reasonable use, we'll sell you a replacement at half price.
- Lots of companies use words like "reasonable use" as a loophole. We don't. Wear and tear is part of reasonable use, and it is covered.
Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help.
Our products are handcrafted, mostly to order. We make our smaller pieces in small batches of 10-20 items at a time. Because of the custom, handcrafted nature of our products, it usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare your order for shipment.
Estimated shipping times begin when your order is shipped and vary by the carrier and service you choose. First-class and ground services usually take up a to a week to deliver to the United States and international first-class services usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to deliver once we ship your package.
Please note that all carriers are experiencing delivery delays right now. It's important to us that you get your order as quickly as possible, but unfortunately after we drop off your package for shipping the delivery timeline is out of our hands. USPS and FedEx will be your best bet for tracking down information about your package. If you are having trouble getting answers, or if you just want some peace of mind, feel free to shoot us a message with questions or concerns at email@example.com.
I own one of these and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is built with such quality and precision. I am left handed, and prefer heavier writing instruments. This is perfect. The lead is thick and sometimes I would prefer thinner lead, but overall I think in the end I prefer the thicker lead. Excellent product.