Rockefeller Portfolio | Small Padfolio & Tech Case
Zippered Leather Padfolio & Tech Case for Steno/A5 Pads and Tablets/Ereaders up to 8''
- Full zip design for maximum carry capacity and security.
- Interior pockets for two pens, cards, and notes.
- Interior zippered pocket for small tech or tools.
- Key clip and cord keeper incorporated into the binding.
- Includes a basic pad, compatible with any steno/A5 sized pads.
- Tech sleeve holds tablets and ereaders with screens up to 8 inches.
- Heirloom quality construction with 4.5 oz leather and polymer cores.
- Made in Chicago and guaranteed for life.
The Visionary Portfolio Collection is the perfect blend of tech and pen and paper for the modern business superhero. Three styles, inspired by history's great visionaries, and four sizes ensure you can always find your perfect secret weapon.
The Rockefeller Series pulls out all the stops - adding storage features and some extra space for larger tech items in a full-zip construction. John D. Rockefeller built a vast business empire and pioneered philanthropy. As one of the first great benefactors of medical science, he funded several advances including the creation of the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. He also funded the establishment of The University of Chicago, which has led to countless discoveries, such as carbon dating, and the first measurements of the speed of light. He had an immeasurable impact on modern science and health. Rockefeller inspired us to dream big and to share the results of that dream with our community.
Specifications (it's all in the details)
- Outer Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.5 inches
- Max Depth: 2 inch
- Zippered Utility Pocket: 9.5 x 4.25 inches
- Card Pocket: 3.5 x 2.5 inches
- Two Pen Pockets: 6.25 x 1.75 inches each
- Document Pocket: 9.5 x 4.75 inches
- Tech Pocket: 9.25 x 5.75 inches
- Weight without Pad: 1 lb
- Weight with Pad: 1 lb 6.5 oz
- Fits tablets and ereaders with up to 8 inch screens and steno/A5 size pads.
- See the tech size guide.
Ecuadorian Latigo Leather
We’re big fans of promoting quality of life for animals throughout the supply chain so we source our leather from a place where virtually all cattle are free-range, grass-fed, and factory farms are nearly impossible to find.
We worked directly with the tannery to craft the perfect leather for our products. They use a hybrid between top-grain and full-grain processing, removing just enough material to improve the look while retaining durability we can guarantee for life. Then they top that off with a hydrophobic treatment so you don't have to worry about a little rain or the occasional spill.
From there the tannery finishes our leather two ways. The browns are a matte finish, designed to show marks and age very easily, quickly developing a classic aged-leather patina. But they can easily be cleaned and conditioned to buff out the wear marks. The idea here is that you can dial in how much age/character you want your piece to show based on how often you condition it - just like folks used to shine their shoes (or maybe you still do!).
The black is a pebbled finish, we've found folks who choose black leather often prefer less of a “rustic character" look, so this one won't show wear as quickly as our browns and has a classic, polished look.
Tex 70 Nylon Stitching
Nylon thread has an excellent strength-to-size ratio, some stretch and flex capability, and high resistance to abrasion. These qualities make it ideal for leather goods with a lifetime guarantee. The thread can move and stretch with the leather while retaining its durability.
Top Notch Hardware
It's all in the details. Hardware is a common failure point, and failure is not really our thing. So we overbuild the hardware and cut no corners. We also keep our hardware inline with our minimalist geometric design approach.
Bull Denim Lining
No flimsy lining here. Our lining is a heavy yet soft canvas-like bull denim. It comes in three colors, black, black, and black. While lining can sometimes be a decorative touch, we prioritized its ability to do its job for years to come over trendy designs or colors.
There is only one name in the zipper game if you are serious about quality. YKK. And we're proud to use their products in ours.
What's in the box?
Packaging represents 1/3 of municipal waste. We keep ours simple to save space, but make it by hand so that you know what's inside is loved. Each piece is wrapped in recycled kraft paper packaging and includes a story of leather and care instructions. Your portfolio also includes a pad of paper.
The simplest and most powerful guarantee we could create.
- If we made it, it is guaranteed for life. We will repair or replace anything.
- If you buy it, you'll love it. If you don't, we'll work with you until you do, or you can return it for a full refund.
- No questions asked, no paperwork needed.
- If you lose it, or it gets destroyed outside of reasonable use, we'll sell you a replacement at half price.
- Lots of companies use words like "reasonable use" as a loophole. We don't. Wear and tear is part of reasonable use, and it is covered.
Shoot us a message at email@example.com and let us know how we can help.
Our products are handcrafted, mostly to order. We make our smaller pieces in small batches of 10-20 items at a time. Because of the custom, handcrafted nature of our products, it usually takes us 2-3 business days to prepare your order for shipment.
Estimated shipping times begin when your order is shipped and vary by the carrier and service you choose. First-class and ground services usually take up a to a week to deliver to the United States and international first-class services usually take upwards of 3-4 weeks to deliver once we ship your package.
Please note that all carriers are experiencing delivery delays right now. It's important to us that you get your order as quickly as possible, but unfortunately after we drop off your package for shipping the delivery timeline is out of our hands. USPS and FedEx will be your best bet for tracking down information about your package. If you are having trouble getting answers, or if you just want some peace of mind, feel free to shoot us a message with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.